In this article, we will focus specifically on the top API testing tools you should keep an eye out for in the market.
Key Criteria’s we should use for evaluating our candidates:
- What does the tool cost?
- How easy is the tool to implement?
- How is the tool deployed? And on what platforms?
- What API testing protocols (REST, SOAP, etc.) does the tool support?
- What is the technical skillset required to be successful with the tool?
- What are scripting languages supported (if applicable)?
- What design formats (eg. Swagger) are available for import?
- What other tools and platforms are integrated?
Top 10 API Testing Tools to Watch in 2020
Now, since the technology & process has evolved a lot than before, companies or teams prefer to have faster test feedbacks. As we can see with the shift-left trend towards DevOps, API testing is becoming a more crucial & critical component on CI/CD. Test automation efforts can bring more value with the right API tests in place, rather than depending on slow UI tests only.
Checkout this article in which we review pros and cons along with tips to select the right tool of your need:
I have summarized some of the key points of our API testing tool comparison in a mindmap:
Leave a Reply