What is Lambdatest?
LambdaTest is a cloud-based cross browser testing tool that allows you to perform cross browser testing for web applications across more than 2000 browsers, operating systems, and devices. You can perform both manual and automated cross browser testing using LambdaTest.
For example, you can test your web application across the most recognized web browsers, such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, Opera.
It is a scalable testing platform that will assist your team by bringing your software assessment needs to the cloud infrastructure. By performing real-time cross browser compatibility testing using LambdaTest, you can ensure that your web application or website is compatible with almost every browser and device available in the market. It enables organizations to test their web application for responsiveness and take full screenshots while performing the testing.
Features of Lambdatest
- Online Browser Compatibility Testing
- Testing across Latest Desktop Browsers
- Test Responsiveness on all Screen Sizes
- Continuous Collaboration during Testing
- Chrome Extension
- Visual Testing
- Inbuilt Issue Tracker
- 24×7 Support
Run your first test on Lambdatest
In this topic, you will learn how to configure and run your Java automation testing scripts on LambdaTest Selenium cloud platform using Java framework TestNG.
- Create Java-TestNG-Selenium project with maven
- Write Some Simple test
- Setup your Authentication
- Make sure you have your LambdaTest credentials with you to run test automation scripts on LambdaTest Selenium Grid. You can obtain these credentials from the LambdaTest Automation Dashboard or through LambdaTest Profile.
- For Linux/macOS
- export LT_USERNAME=”YOUR_USERNAME” export LT_ACCESS_KEY=”YOUR ACCESS KEY”
- For Windows
- set LT_USERNAME=”YOUR_USERNAME” set LT_ACCESS_KEY=”YOUR ACCESS KEY”
Configurations of your Test Capabilities
In the test script, you need to update your test capabilities. In this code, we are passing browser, browser version, and operating system information, along with LambdaTest Selenium grid capabilities via capabilities object. The capabilities object in the above code are defined as
Note: You can generate capabilities for your test requirements with the help of our inbuilt Capabilities Generator tool.
Run your Test from IDE
- Run your test from Eclipse/ IntelliJ or any other IDE
- Login to your LambdaTest account
- Go to Automation tab and check the results
Results looks like below
- Open the results to check more details like Steps, All commands, Capabilities details and others and the details looks like below
- And you see the recording as well for your test and you can download the same
I believe the topics discussed is helpful! keep learning and sharing!
What’s Next from Us
11 Years of experience in Software Testing, Working as Principal QA Engineer II at Mr.Cooper, Experienced in different stream of testing like Web, API, Automation, Performance, Agile, DevOps. i am a Postman Supernova user, Browserstack Champion, YouTuber, Blogger, Mentor and Active learner.