Are you looking for a tool to write test cases automatically? here I come up with a new launch- TestCase Studio by Sanjay Kumar | SelectorsHub Creator | ChroPath Creator.
Everybody knows that writing test cases is the first step towards the best-executed testing.
Manual creation of test cases is time-consuming and high cost. The purpose of producing the tool to generate test cases automatically is to reduce the cost of testing the system as well as to save the time of deriving test cases manually.
- SelectorsHub is the Next Gen XPath & selectors tool.
- Supports all kinds of XPath, locators, shadow dom, iframe, SVG, dynamic elements, multi selectors generation, and XPath error handling.
- It is a free-to-use browser extension that auto-suggests all the possible combinations of attributes, text, siblings, etc. to build selectors within seconds. So basically, now you are not losing your XPath skills and creating your XPath and CSS Selectors as well.
TestCase Studio :
- SelectorsHub has TestCase Studio which writes the test case automatically.
- A platform to record the user actions performed on a web application in English Sentences.
- Generate the XPath and Automation Code for every user action.
- Users can save or copy these recorded steps as a Test case.
- It is simple to use and doesn’t require any extra effort or setup.
Add an Extension :
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- In the left column, click on Extensions.
- Browse or search for Testcase studio to add.
- When you find an extension, click on Add to Chrome.
- Click on Add extension. You’ll see your extensions in Chrome as buttons on the toolbar.
How to use TestCase Studio:
- To record the test case, click on the TestCase Studio icon on the toolbar.
- Now keep performing your steps, it will automatically record all the user actions.
- You can save the recorded steps by clicking on the Download Test Case button.
Testcase Studio terminology:
The following section explains key Testcase Studio terminology:
1. TestCase Name: A good test case starts with a strong title. As a best practice, it’s good to name the test case. You can set the TestCase Name here.
2. Click to start recording and click stop recording: You can start the recording by click on the (test case studio) record icon button and can stop the recording.
3. Set attribute: You can set attribute by –
4. Delete: By clicking on the delete icon you can Clear all the recorded steps in a single click.
5. Customize Columns: By clicking you can add/remove columns like –
b) Exp Result
d) CSS selector
6. Set driver command: Keep XPath value as the keyword in command.
7. Number of steps(#): This shows the number of steps recorded.
8. Steps: Test cases are made up of a series of instructions or actions, called test steps. Detailed descriptions of the sequential actions that must be taken to complete the test.
9. Data: Test data is data that is required in executing the test cases properly and verifying the expected output.
10. Exp Result: Expected Result is an ideal result that the tester should get after the test case is performed. It’s usually documented together with the test case. It’s usually compared with the actual result, and if the actual result differs from the expected one, the difference is documented and called a bug.
11. XPath: XPath is defined as an XML path. It is a syntax or language for finding any element on the web page using the XML path expression. XPath is used to find the location of any element on a web page using HTML DOM structure.
12. CSS selector: A CSS Selector is a combination of an element selector and a value that identifies the web element within a web page.
13. Download Test Case: Here you can easily download the Test Case Word File.
- TestCase Studio supports all the browsers. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera, Brave, Chromium, and Tor
- It supports all web applications (Desktop and mobile) which can be opened on the web browser. Currently, it doesn’t support mobile native and desktop-based applications.
1. Generates the English Test Cases (manual test case) automatically.
2. Generates the XPath for each step.
3. Records the data for each step.
4. Generates the XPath code as per your framework.
5. User can add a new step just by clicking on the + icon present in each row.
6. Users can delete the unwanted step just by clicking on the delete icon present in each row.
7. User can pause the recording and resume whenever it is required.
8. User can delete all the steps in a single shot just by clicking on the delete all button present in the header.
9. Attribute filter option is there to generate the XPath with the desired attribute.
10. All the recorded steps can be saved in an excel file along with XPath/Command & data.
11. By default it will save the filename as websiteDomain+TimeStamp.
12. User can edit the test case name before saving it.
13. User can also copy all the steps just by clicking on the copy icon present in the table header.
Important Links :
1. Changelog – Record of all notable changes made to a project. here is the link for the changelog.
2. Click to open the TestCase Studio home page – You can be redirected to the TestCase Studio
3. Watch this video tutorial to make the best use of TestCase Studio
4. Join Telegram Group
5. Click to join SelectorsHub slack channel
6. Click to add Rating
7. For better tracking, raise the issue here at Bugasura
Prachi is a QA engineer, experienced in web and desktop applications, and always looking to improve her automation skills and knowledge. Her current focus is automation testing with java.
Currently working with RELFOR LABS PVT. LTD. as a quality assurance engineer. she is a member of The test tribe community. She is also honored with Lila Poonawalla Scholarship & Training for Computer Engineering.
Leave a Reply